Domestic Battery (XDBX)

JustHatched

Respected Talker
JustHatched updated Domestic Battery (XDBX)

Domestic Battery
(XDBX)

Domestic Battery is a PS3/PS4 group of players that share the ideals that you don't need to be a AAA player to have fun. We are an all around crew of all ages (teens to 50's) whom act with respect to their fellow crew mates.

Our crew features members from all around the world, male and female.

As an all around crew, we race, play DM's, Captures, etc.. While we may not be the top crew in anything, our records show we can hang with the best all day long.

We host daily events which see anywhere from 8 to 20 members in attendance, these events are usually crew created jobs of all types, some serious and some not so much.

We also are involved in weekly Head to Head matches with other crews, our current list of H2H's is (not all have been noted because we forgot to on our site)
64 H2H wins
23 H2H losses

At XDBX we can guarantee that you have not been or seen a crew as active as we are on the consistent level in which we do it. All new members are screened to ensure we get the best ATTITUDES in our crew, skill level means nothing to us, we just want positive active members.

SO how do you become a member? Click this link and follow the instructions http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/17-how-do-i-join-domestic-battery/

View updates to this showcase item...

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Elite
I noticed your username is in orange but your message count is only 104, just a random question, was that a paid for colour and if so, how much?

JustHatched

Respected Talker
I noticed your username is in orange but your message count is only 104, just a random question, was that a paid for colour and if so, how much?
It is a color for making a donation to the site, I have a couple times cuz even though I don't spend a huge amount of time here I strongly support what this site is about which in reality says alot because I am not a fan of Xenforo. As far as pricing I really couldn't say what the first one was as it's been to long ago but my name has been that color since. Persh would be the one to ask on that.

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Elite
It is a color for making a donation to the site, I have a couple times cuz even though I don't spend a huge amount of time here I strongly support what this site is about which in reality says alot because I am not a fan of Xenforo. As far as pricing I really couldn't say what the first one was as it's been to long ago but my name has been that color since. Persh would be the one to ask on that.
Ah, I see.

dodgeservice

ChatterBox
Every Thursday XDBX runs a Racing Event called Thursday Night Thunder. Hosted by me. There is a theme to every Event focused around a certain car, class, or location.

International Race of Champions (IROC) was a North American auto racing competition, promoted as an equivalent of an American All-Star Game or The Masters. Despite its name, the IROC was primarily associated with North American oval-racing culture.

Drivers raced identically-prepared stock cars set up by a single team of mechanics in an effort to make the race purely a test of driver ability. It was run with a small field of invited drivers (6–12). It was created and developed in 1972 by David Lockton, the developer of the Ontario Motor Speedway, launched in 1973, with Mark Donohue being the first driver to win the championship in 1974. The cars used that year were Porsche Carrera RSRs. Donohue's win in the fourth and last race of that season was his last win, as he died in a Formula One crash at the Österreichring in practice for the 1975 Austrian Grand Prix. The series was not run in 1981, 1982, or 1983.

In 2007, IROC could not find a sponsor and postponed the first two races at Daytona and Texas. IROC went on hiatus in 2007 hoping to return with a sponsor in 2008. In March 2008, IROC auctioned off its tools, equipment, cars, and memorabilia, and went out of business.

Through 2003, IROC was also known for its rainbow of car colors being easily recognized from all other closed wheel racing series. Car numbers were utilized for scoring purposes, but were not the primary means of identification. Instead, the drivers' surname would appear on the door of the car. Exceptions were made when Mario and Michael Andretti raced in the same events. In those cases, their first name was used. The numbers would change from race to race, with the number 1 would be given to the driver starting first, and so on. The colors would correspond to the numbers. Before the races, drivers were assigned via blind drawing, and was how the starting grid for the first race was determined. The finishing order of the race would be inverted for the second race's starting grid, while the reverse of the points standings determined races three and four's grids. Numbers were assigned by the starting position. After the first race, the numbers would be assigned based on points standings. This would make it very confusing for fans, as one week their favorite driver could be driving the blue #1 car, and the next week he could be in the #5 orange car.

Our IROC Series will be a little different. Since Pißwasser has taken over sponsorship of IROC, it will be run on all types of tracks around LS. It will still be run using the same cars, prepped by one group of engineers. There will be no numbers on the cars, but they will be different colors to identify the drivers. Drivers need to select their Car Color. Only one color per car is allowed on the track. Thats how IROC works. You'll know in game if you are using the wrong color. R* has a CLASH warning pop up next to your color when selecting your car for the race. There should be no CLASH warnings on your screen. Also, this is run using Stock cars. So, no need to buy it.

These are the colors: Black - Black Steel - Silver - Red - Sunset Red - Hot Pink - Orange - Bronze - Race Yellow - Racing Green -Bright Green - Blue - Light Blue - Creek Brown - Bright Purple - Ice White - Crew (Blue)

This week IROC will feature the:

Invetero Coquette

Invetero is an American luxury sports car manufacturer featured in the HD Universe of the Grand Theft Auto series. Invetero make luxury cars, they have only made 1 sports car, and two older generations of the same car was released in the San Andreas Flight School Update and Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2. All Invetero cars featureCoquette in their names. Invetero seems to be based on Chevrolet, judging by the vehicles they make, however, Declasse and Chevalalso seem to be based on Chevrolet. They are likely the sub-division of Chevrolet, Corvette. Invetero's logo is similar to the lighting bolt logo of Opel, a German car brand owned by General Motors, in which Chevrolet is a branch of General Motors. The company's name could be a verbal pun on "in-vitro".

"Something made in America that can still take on the Asian imports? Yes, the Coquette has withstood the test of time and, with this new model, Invetero blew through all their bailout money to create an end product that only the 1% can afford. Don't bite the hand that feeds you." ―Legendary Motorsport description.

The Invetero Coquette is a sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Design

The Coquette was first seen in the official trailer of Grand Theft Auto Online, and now more closely resembles the Chevrolet Corvette C7. Some Lexus LFA and Jaguar F-Type influences are visible in the rear (with taillamps slightly similar to the Benefactor Surano, another in-game vehicle). The Coquette can be purchased with or without a roof, however it is possible to remove or add a roof at a mod shop. The Coquette has the most customizable options of any car in its class, and is one of the most customizable cars in GTA V.

Performance

The Coquette's inline 4 engine makes it a powerful vehicle in its own right. It has average acceleration, but a high top speed across Sports cars. Handling is the Coquette's strong suit, being very responsive and obedient of the driver's desires (potentially a bit too much so), meaning it's a great car to weave in and out of traffic with. Understeer is only an issue on tight corners, but otherwise a minor note. Braking power is great, and it can stop on short notice with ease. Crash deformation is poor, and only a small number of collisions are required to disable the car.

Trivia

• "Coquette" is a term meaning a chatty, flirtatious woman.
  • The "q" and "u" of "Coquette" are the previous letters of "r" and "v" from "Corvette."
  • The Coquette plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
  • GTA V: Lowdown FM or Space 103.2.
  • The Turismo in GTA Chinatown Wars (smart-phone version) resembles a Coquette more than the Turismo itself from GTA IV.
  • The Coquette may be a successor to the GTA Vice City rendition of the Banshee as the Banshee was based on a C4 Corvette and the Coquette is based on the C5 Corvette.
  • After the release of the Coquette Classic, the Coquette is the vehicle with most generations with 3 different variants.
  • With the Coquette BlackFin, introduced in the Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2, makes it four.
  • When buying the Coquette from the in-game internet in GTA Online, it is completely random whether you get a hardtop or roadster variant. Those wanting a certain variant may have to buy and sell multiple Coquettes before they get the type that they want.
  • After patch 1.13, the roadster 'topless' variant of the Coquette can be bought alongside the regular hardtop, as with all the other cars that have a roadster variant, such as the Banshee.
  • In GTA Online the crew emblem appears very small on the hood.
  • The Coquette's engine in GTA V bears a close resemblance to the Chevrolet Corvette (C6).
  • The Coquette is one of six updated vehicles in GTA V that do not also appear in their GTA IV and its episodes models. The other vehicles are the Sentinel, the Buccaneer, the Feltzer, the Police Cruiser and the Police Maverick.
  • The Coquette is the only roadster that has the roll cage customisation available. This is most likely because you can buy a roof at Los Santos Customs, but even without the roof, the roll cage is still available.
  • One of the optional front bumpers adds additional front lights, but these cannot be turned on.

Top Bottom