How To Make A Good Recruitment Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
Hi all. Nugsy here. I've been recruiting here for some time now and find gtavcrews.com invaluable when it comes to bringing in the fresh members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This may look a big read but it's worthwhile getting to the most important stuff towards the end!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many users here find less joy with their recruitment drives. You have to ask yourselves why?
It all starts with a good recruitment post. This can even be before you have a good crew, but it does help to have already made your crew & made your emblem.

Soooooo many times I've seen a recruitment post that consists of the following : "Hit me up - PSN : SQUEAKER13".
Be honest - what would you think of that if you were the one looking for a crew? I'd click on the next one.

Let's get started.

Firstly as I said you should have your crew made and preferably have a crew emblem too - the nicer the better.
Your post should name your crew (unbelievably - many don't), you should post the social club link and it looks good if you put up your emblem as an image too.

See gtaemblem.com for custom emblem upload service ($2).
See gtalogo.com for free emblem templates.

Your thread title

Use the prefix for your platform if applicable!

Too many forget but a lot of visitors use that to filter their searches. Yours won't show in their search if it ain't there. You may use more than one of these.

Fictitious Crew - Now enrolling!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/fictitiouscrew (don't bother clicking)

Straight away you have people's attention with an opener like that .
A headline, a link & an emblem - even if it is a simple one.
The use of text size & colour makes all the difference.

Now you need to tell them what you're about. Whether you're a street gang, Mafia, cop roleplay or MC.
Just a couple of sentences should suffice, but let people know what you're about.

Advertise your strong points like regular activity, officer/management roles available etc.
Even if your crew currently consists of just you - you can still sell that. A new crew will appeal to those looking to help out with it.

Stick a snapmatic in there.

It helps if it looks like there's a bunch of you having fun.

Any Other Info:

Now you need to say what timezone you play in, if there's an age limit or mic requirement, how often you're on & how many members you'll get on.
Does your crew play other games? Do you have contact outside of the game like a forum or do you use Kik?

If your crew is new - what are you aiming for? Do you have / will you have a website?

There's so much stuff you could say but you do need to stay within the page & keep the interest throughout.

You'll notice I keep most things here well spaced so there are no huge chunks of text.

Contact Info:
Most people that see my crew on this forum contact me directly in-game.
I have put my Gamertag in my recruitment post. It is also in my profile.

Don't assume that they'll reply to your thread - most don't.

And finally - the most important piece of information for you crew leaders & recruiters:

STAY HERE!

Yep - That simple. So many people come here, make a shitty post, check it in a few days to find no activity on it and just don't come back.

I opened this thread with the fact that my crew recruits here successfully but it's not that apparent in my recruitment thread.
Like I said they come to you in game, seldom hitting your threads.

You will need to keep your post up to date (mine gets a regular edit) and without taking the piss, you'll need to bump your thread fairly regularly with fresh pleas for members.

I also keep a daily check on the Crewless Section and have had good success with that.

My crew is the bees knees and I love it but it didn't become that of it's own accord. I and my members are on top of all this stuff.
Sit back, watch it fail. Keep at it and even after a slow start, you'll get there.

On this forum, reply to people, say hello, welcome new members here - it all helps get your name out there.
This is a community. Treat it as such, not just somewhere you post & leave and it WILL reward you & your crew. Only after I actively put into this forum did I see my recruitment post starting to work - even to the point where other members would point the crewless in my direction! How's that for a community at work?

Another little tip : Do as I have & put a link to your Website/SC/Whatever in your signature - then start getting active here.
People will begin to recognise your name & therefore your crew.

Please note that there is an anti-spam measure that prevents link posting on new accounts.
You may post links after gaining one like for a post (proving you're not a bot).

Last edited:

Nugsy 1

Also remember this - it's not too late if you already have a poor recruitment post.
You're not allowed to make a second recruitment thread but at the bottom of your post there is a magical little button called 'Edit'.
Even if you add a dash of colour it'll help.

STN357

Undefeated writer
Heaven forbid everything is easy and they aren't given everything. Fml...these recruitment posts should be banned for being POS.

John G.

Talking Troll
Hi all. Nugsy here. I've been recruiting here for some time now and find gtavcrews.com invaluable when it comes to bringing in the fresh members.

This may look a big read but it's worthwhile getting to the most important stuff towards the end!

Many users here find less joy with their recruitment drives. You have to ask yourselves why?
It all starts with a good recruitment post. This can even be before you have a good crew, but it does help to have already made your crew & made your emblem.

Soooooo many times I've seen a recruitment post that consists of the following : "Hit me up - PSN : SQUEAKER13".
Be honest - what would you think of that if you were the one looking for a crew? I'd click on the next one.

Let's get started.

Firstly as I said you should have your crew made and preferably have a crew emblem too - the nicer the better.
Your post should name your crew (unbelievably - many don't), you should post the social club link and it looks good if you put up your emblem as an image too.

Your thread title: Use the prefix for your platform if applicable!
Too many forget but a lot of visitors use that to filter their searches.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/fictitiouscrew (don't bother clicking)

Now you need to tell them what you're about. Whether you're a street gang, Mafia, cop roleplay or MC.
Just a couple of sentences should suffice, but let people know what you're about.

Advertise your strong points like regular activity, officer/management roles available etc.
Even if your crew currently consists of just you - you can still sell that. A new crew will appeal to those looking to help out with it.

Any Other Info:

Now you need to say what timezone you play in, if there's an age limit or mic requirement, how often you're on & how many members you'll get on.
Does your crew play other games? Do you have contact outside of the game like a forum or do you use Kik?

If your crew is new - what are you aiming for? Do you have / will you have a website?

There's so much stuff you could say but you do need to stay within the page & keep the interest throughout.

You'll notice I keep most things here well spaced so there are no huge chunks of text.

Contact Info:

And finally - the most important piece of information for you crew leaders & recruiters:

STAY HERE!

Yep - That simple. So many people come here, make a shitty post, check it in a few days to find no activity on it and just don't come back.

I opened this thread with the fact that my crew recruits here successfully but it's not that apparent in my recruitment thread.

You will need to keep your post up to date (mine gets a regular edit) and without taking the piss, you'll need to bump your thread fairly regularly with fresh pleas for members.

I also keep a daily check on the Crewless Section and have had good success with that.

My crew is the bees knees and I love it but it didn't become that of it's own accord. I and my members are on top of all this stuff.
Sit back, watch it fail. Keep at it and even after a slow start, you'll get there.

On this forum, reply to people, say hello, welcome new members here - it all helps get your name out there.
This is a community. Treat it as such, not just somewhere you post & leave and it WILL reward you & your crew. Only after I actively put into this forum did I see my recruitment post starting to work - even to the point where other members would point the crewless in my direction! How's that for a community at work?

Another little tip : Do as I have & put a link to your Website/SC/Whatever in your signature - then start getting active here.
People will begin to recognise your name & therefore your crew.​
Thanks so much! This is going to help a lot.

Davymania

Talking Troll
Thanks hopefully with a bit of tinkering I can have a play to figure out the icons for text & use this to recruit the mature but fun players who are on PS4 & PS3 we are looking to link up with our crew.

TMG Znicky213

Smooth Talker
Hey Nugsy I would like to have a better patch. Any suggestions you have? My active emblem is the one on my profile here.

Nugsy 1

Hey Nugsy I would like to have a better patch. Any suggestions you have? My active emblem is the one on my profile here.
I think this may require another guide type thread to answer fully. That ain't coming today - The Biker DLC drops in 7 minutes!!!!

For now I'd say take a look at http://gtalogo.com/ - they have templates you can just copy & paste into your emblem creator clipboard. Some you can further edit.

Otherwise you'll need to create one in photoshop/gimp/whatever & upload it via http://www.gtaemblem.com - That's $2 a pop.

Then again - it's surprising how good some people are with the R* emblem editor. You can do good things with a few days & the patience of a saint.

Don't steal an emblem from another crew like some have.

TMG Znicky213

Smooth Talker
Haha thanks for the advice I am posting
9d4b6001c5bd3806f68573957ceda3b744b755dd_128.png

my new emblem that I've been working on and off for about 6+ hours. Would love any and all feed back!

Occult Kollective

ChatterBox

Let's get started.

Your thread title: Use the prefix for your platform if applicable!
Too many forget but a lot of visitors use that to filter their searches.

Any Other Info:

Contact Info:

STAY HERE!

People will begin to recognise your name & therefore your crew.​
Awesome, Really Helps!!

Nugsy 1

For those with really no clue what's necessary you can simply copy & paste the text below & fill in the blanks.
That way we can at least have enough info on your crew.

Delete as necessary.

Crew Name :

Social Club url :

Platform/s :

Crew type (eg. friends / MC / Crime family) :

Requirements (eg. age / mic) :

Contact (eg. Gamertag/PSN, KIK, Social Club nickname) :

Nugsy 1

If you're on Xbox One it may now be a good idea to include your 'Xbox club' in your post if your crew has set one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom