Instagram?

VictorViolet

Word Cannon
Hey guys,

I see you've got FB and Twitter down but I don't see an Instagram profile? I use similar social mediums for crew recruitment and I tend to get a LOT more engagement on Instagram than on Twitter :) just need to make sure you've got enough images to attach to the posts, although I doubt you'd struggle there ;)

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
Admin
Elite
We have Twatter? That's news to me. I thought having Facebook was bad enough.
The boss Persh does FB 'cos she has to. I believe though that like me, she hates most social media.
I don't have a Twatter account so I can't even see for myself, let alone an Instagram one.
I must admit I made a FB account just to 'see' but I hate it and keep it empty & locked down.

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
Admin
Elite
Wow thanks man. I can't see your Twitter link and I won't join to allow it.
I wonder why that's never been mentioned here? . . . I wonder if Persh even made it?

VictorViolet

Word Cannon
Someone must have, that link is displayed just below the profile area of the site in between FB and RGSC. Anywho, helpful to have in case you change your mind I guess :)

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Elite
Wow thanks man. I can't see your Twitter link and I won't join to allow it.
I wonder why that's never been mentioned here? . . . I wonder if Persh even made it?
It has a link to this forum and has existed around the same time Persh made this site so my guesses is yes.

Either way, join us on FB so I can tag you in every stupid gtav related meme I can find.

Jokes, I don't post on FB, I just use it to stay in contact with mates which is honestly the only real reason to have a FB account.

Fulkini

GTA Addict
Elite
I truly hate just about all 'social media' I've seen. Even still, I do have Twitter/Instagram/etc. nowadays, just to redirect people who are browsing there onto our website. Also that filthy place called Reddit. Honestly can't stand most of the people I see in those places, but there is a huge audience of GTA players that you can reach there. It works insanely well.

Not here to tell you what to do or anything, but you guys should definitely consider having a guy/gal who maintains a following on those platforms and redirects some news once in a while. That is, if you want to keep the numbers going, of course. For us I can say that it works out really well.

Same goes for your YouTube channel. Subscribers don't say everything, but 14 subscribers and 2 videos in the last 3 years wouldn't really make these forums seem like the worthwhile place it is.

Just a recommendation, that's all.

~F

Persh

Undefeated writer
Admin
Have not been posting as often for sure but we do have facebook and twitter. We do well with those platforms. Facebook is very effective for us. Instagram proved to be a headache. Lots of immature members and nothing of note in return for spending time there. The instagram account was deactivated. Our traffic and views from facebook and twitter were at least 3x more than instagram.

I use instagram for other sites and it performs well but I feel the crowd we attracted there was too toxic?

We can consider instagram again if there is enough people using that as their main social platform.

VictorViolet

Word Cannon
Facebook is a good one although funnily enough, we seem to see opposite results! Our Twitter following isn't as strong as Instagram and the only feedback we get is positive. A little harder to convert to actual applicants but our site needs applicants as well as traffic so I guess that's different.

May I ask, when did you last use it? I ask this because Insta is quite far ahead in overall social media impressions than Twitter now, although the automation and analytics aren't as good. I've found Instagram to be quite pleasant so far, although it pisses me off that you can't use direct links.

Persh

Undefeated writer
Admin
Around 2 years ago. Yes, it's a long time. Had around 100ish followers I believe. It's just not easy to get anything from instagram. It's different with people who follow and are dedicated members. They'll go to the gtavc and talk about what they saw on instagram or they'll just visit in general. In my experience a lot of the instagram followers stuck to it. They made very little effort to visit the community. There were reactions to our posts, but it just seemed to stay on there. People even typed up posts on their phone's notepad, took a screenshot, and then posted it on instagram.... rather than making a comment there or commenting here on the forum. While I enjoy informing the world about great games our end game is to actually build a stronger community here. So I never revived instagram due to the results we had in the past along with the crazy rivalry talk that turned pretty obscene. I'm not against it but I did have a bad experience with it for this particular site. I'll consider it again.

VictorViolet

Word Cannon
When you put it that way I can see how Instagram would be at odds with your intended use of it; you obviously need subscribers to post your forums whereas, as you've mentioned, a lot of Instagram users use Instagram itself for the very same thing.

Using it primarily for promotion and recruitment, we're more in line with a business selling a product as we need traffic that results in members applying to join the crew, which is obviously a little different.

Still, it's a numbers game. Instagram is relatively low effort to use on a small scale so I reckon the time invested would still pay off, though getting that initial flow of followers is challenging. As you're well-known already, you could skip that step and maintain the follower base quite easily and it would still attract some active users.

Sometimes it even helps just to have one in the first place. If it goes live let me know, I'll follow you :)

OneShot

Undefeated writer
Admin
EVENTS TEAM
GREETER TEAM
I think I had an Instagram for the site can't remember but not there anymore lol

Persh

Undefeated writer
Admin
Are you the Night King? Reviving dead threads? Lol

We had an instagram and it was tooooo muchhhhh drama. We have twitter and facebook as members got more recruits and activity from those. We also had pinterest for like a week...

jmr922

Respected Talker
Are you the Night King? Reviving dead threads? Lol

We had an instagram and it was tooooo muchhhhh drama. We have twitter and facebook as members got more recruits and activity from those. We also had pinterest for like a week...
The night king is dead, there weren’t any new posts so I went through some of the other stuff trying to get some interest. I do follow a gtavcrew on Instagram thought it might be from this forum.

Top Bottom