RULE: ONLY ONE THREAD PER CREW !! - NO RP THREADS HERE!!

MsSweetDreams69

ChatterBox
I'd imagine spamming isn't allowed. Besides, no one wants to go on the topics and see some turd spamming the shit out of it for desperate attention.
I don't mean to sound like a wienie bitch but I am getting sick of seeing the same crew posting over and over pushing all the other crew recruitment threads down. I think it unfair to the people who have really worked on them just to have one person do 4 threads in a row.

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
I don't mean to sound like a wienie bitch but I am getting sick of seeing the same crew posting over and over pushing all the other crew recruitment threads down. I think it unfair to the people who have really worked on them just to have one person do 4 threads in a row.
Exactly what I was talking about.

UNST3RBLICH

Respected Talker
What's the standard for bumping? Once per week? Anytime as long as relevant material (or an actual post other than just 'bump' is made)?

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
What's the standard for bumping? Once per week? Anytime as long as relevant material (or an actual post other than just 'bump' is made)?
Yeah. We want people to use the forums, just don't let it start to look like you're taking the piss that's all. Other crews want their threads on top for a bit too.

Now my thread that was bumped a minute back is off the top already! Ah well.

Nugsy 1

As for this, there's a 'Report' button on each thread, so please do use it if you spot this in future. I think they automatically go to Persh. You could PM me instead. I'm here several times every day & can sort it out.

Nugsy 1

Question about the spamming rule. Can we Spam or not? also how do you bump your post to the top?
I know this is old but I'm replying for the benefit of all.
Don't spam. Keep the moderator jobs easy please.
When you post on your thread it will go to the top but only if you have set your 'Thread Display Options' to 'last message time', otherwise it will be shown by 'thread creation time'.
At the bottom of every forum this option is there.

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
I know this is old but I'm replying for the benefit of all.
Don't spam. Keep the moderator jobs easy please.
When you post on your thread it will go to the top but only if you have set your 'Thread Display Options' to 'last message time', otherwise it will be shown by 'thread creation time'.
At the bottom of every forum this option is there.
Hey Nugsy, you think it will be possible if we can get some warnings before are crew/recruiting posts get removed so we have the chance to put it in the correct section based on the options of the admins? This is seeing as some posts can be coincided for different topics but seeing as people won`t be having debates about it, it`s unfortunately all solely down to what the admins think of it.

Nugsy 1

Hey Nugsy, you think it will be possible if we can get some warnings before are crew/recruiting posts get removed so we have the chance to put it in the correct section based on the options of the admins? This is seeing as some posts can be coincided for different topics but seeing as people won`t be having debates about it, it`s unfortunately all solely down to what the admins think of it.
Eh? What?. Had to read that a few times...
All I've had to remove so far are those bloody weight loss / weight gain spam threads. Hopefully it'll stay that way. In the case of posting things in the wrong place we'd just move them not delete them. All I'd delete would be blatant secondary recruitment threads, spam (advertising crap) or inappropriate content. Most would have nothing to worry about.
If it's serious enough to warrant deletion rather than just relocation, then I'd not give any notice.
Relocation can leave a redirect link at the original location for a day.

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Eh? What?. Had to read that a few times...
All I've had to remove so far are those bloody weight loss / weight gain spam threads. Hopefully it'll stay that way. In the case of posting things in the wrong place we'd just move them not delete them. All I'd delete would be blatant secondary recruitment threads, spam (advertising crap) or inappropriate content. Most would have nothing to worry about.
If it's serious enough to warrant deletion rather than just relocation, then I'd not give any notice.
Relocation can leave a redirect link at the original location for a day.
Really? Hu, surprising seeing as that`s what happened. It was stated that it was in the wrong topic (though to be fair, that is debatable) as I put it in crew talk but apparently it could only class as a recruitment post. Though I wouldn`t call it one with the only recruitment part being as a reminder. However, rather than being removed and replaced, it was just deleted. (As far as I am aware at least) Though if you look below in the crew talk section, you`ll see many remaining ones that are solely a recruitment post which does make it all the more annoying.

Nugsy 1

Well the boss removed it. If it wasn't a recruitment thread as
Really? Hu, surprising seeing as that`s what happened. It was stated that it was in the wrong topic (though to be fair, that is debatable) as I put it in crew talk but apparently it could only class as a recruitment post. Though I wouldn`t call it one with the only recruitment part being as a reminder. However, rather than being removed and replaced, it was just deleted. (As far as I am aware at least) Though if you look below in the crew talk section, you`ll see many remaining ones that are solely a recruitment post which does make it all the more annoying.
Well the boss removed it. If it wasn't a recruitment thread as you say, it still fell foul of the one crew, one thread rule.

http://gtavcrews.com/index.php?threads/one-crew-one-thread.98/

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Well the boss removed it. If it wasn't a recruitment thread as

Well the boss removed it. If it wasn't a recruitment thread as you say, it still fell foul of the one crew, one thread rule.

http://gtavcrews.com/index.php?threads/one-crew-one-thread.98/
I`d much rather just remove my ACTUAL recruitment and restart a fresh one. Though this is not an option and my old one is god knows how far down. This was more of a photo display and crew info. As is the subject "crew talk". The description should be way more specific honestly. Would save me the hassle of making one then having it deleted.

I mean, people are allowed to regularly post bump up reply's on their old recruitment posts as it keeps a larger flow of comments on the site but making this specific post is not seen as acceptable.

UNST3RBLICH

Respected Talker
I`d much rather just remove my ACTUAL recruitment and restart a fresh one. Though this is not an option and my old one is god knows how far down.
This is an option. Point #3 from the OP:

IF you would like to close out and delete your old recruitment thread, let any staff member know. They can delete it so you can start a new one.

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Ask a different staff member or follow up with it is all I can suggest.
Besides, it`s not like I do wanna bother deleting it anyway, but the fact that any post I make regarding my crew can now surfer the chance of being deleted. I`m not looking to make whole new recruitment threads/posts, just crew related stuff that helps keep it relevant. If I was to make an actual requirement post, it would have to include all the necessities such as, at minimum, what the crew is about, why you should join, how to rank up, etc.

Nugsy 1

I`d much rather just remove my ACTUAL recruitment and restart a fresh one. Though this is not an option and my old one is god knows how far down. This was more of a photo display and crew info. As is the subject "crew talk". The description should be way more specific honestly. Would save me the hassle of making one then having it deleted.

I mean, people are allowed to regularly post bump up reply's on their old recruitment posts as it keeps a larger flow of comments on the site but making this specific post is not seen as acceptable.
When I have new stuff to post regarding my crew I simply add it to my existing thread.
Why do you need threads everywhere? I have the one & it serves me just fine. I get all the interest from it that my crew needs.
It's no good crying over spilt milk, just in future create new posts where a thread is not necessary.

My crew recently created a new crew. Here's my post advertising it - I didn't see that even as an entirely new crew that it needed a new thread, though I could have done.
We have three crews and all are under the wing of Restless MC so one thread does the job.

http://gtavcrews.com/index.php?threads/restless-mc-recruiting-free-aim.4985/page-5#post-40275

If you really feel that your thread's deletion was unfair & unwarranted, take it to a PM with @Persh, who I'm sure will be happy to explain why it was removed.

If you or anyone does ever want to start afresh with a new recruitment post, or even a title change just ask me and I'll be glad to help out.

Suggestions on clarifying forum rules can be posted here : http://gtavcrews.com/index.php?forums/site-feedback.3/

Top Bottom