Well Crafted Threads

Slinkerback

Respected Talker
As I recall, I started my gtav character back on PS3 around 2013 as I remember so he would have existed for around 4 years pretty soon within the current year (2017). If we use the rule that 48 real minutes = 1 GTA day (24 hours/1,440 minutes) then time in gtav is 30x faster.

Now, the gta wiki page states the online character is born anywhere between 1973 to 1992. So essentially, by the time I made my character, same year online came out, he would be aged between 21 and 40. So basically, a newly created character during the start of online up until now would be ruffle (if the in game time still goes by for your character even when you're offline) aged anywhere between 141 and 160. Though it's not September 2017 yet so knock off just over a decade. Damn, old as fuk that be.

So if you want the authenticity of your character growing older, you can't go by that rule as he or she would be dead. As such, I'll like to count the rule where he or she only ages when you're online, in which case, as I've progressed my character online for somewhere around 30-35 days (i'll go 30 as I do some times go back onto my character before moving onto ps4) starting of with him being around mid 30s when created (that's just because he looked mid 30s) that'll put him at an age of around just under 40. Uhm, younger than I thought. But I guess with all the in game hours skipping you'll be doing in gtav from things such as loading into a new session I may needa add like an extra year or 2.

Yeah, yeah, went overboard but I was kinda bored bruh.
Hey, that's pretty clever on your part there, but to stomp on that, I'd say that your character only goes by the amount of hours you play, maybe when you don't play, time freezes for your character's storyline, as it would for the original 3 in Story Mode. But Agent 14 literally mentions it's 2017, as seen below and you can hear him say it in Gunrunning on the modified Tampa mission. So yeah, I still think it's pretty crazy how the story continued PAST Story Mode's characters without us even realising, hence why we not longer do quests or Trevor as he died back in late 2012, or so he could've. - Same with Michael in that ordeal. Which is why we never meet them anymore.

Attachments

Porsche07lap

Baron MacSpanky II
Elite
Hey, that's pretty clever on your part there, but to stomp on that, I'd say that your character only goes by the amount of hours you play, maybe when you don't play, time freezes for your character's storyline, as it would for the original 3 in Story Mode. But Agent 14 literally mentions it's 2017, as seen below and you can hear him say it in Gunrunning on the modified Tampa mission. So yeah, I still think it's pretty crazy how the story continued PAST Story Mode's characters without us even realising, hence why we not longer do quests or Trevor as he died back in late 2012, or so he could've. - Same with Michael in that ordeal. Which is why we never meet them anymore.
Yeah, as I mentioned. The fact is that for how often an average active gtav online player may play online puts it that even with gtav time being 30 times faster, your character would have only aged as much as you yourself have. There's 168 hours in a week and if say you play a total of 5 to 6 hours a week then time would only go by as much for you as it does for your character.

So, if time freezes for your character when you're not online, you'd have to play incredibly often (i'm talking about like 8 hours a day) for your character to have lived for 2 or more decades. Agent 14 implying that the online world is currently 2017 would mean that the 24 hour clock in gtav has no relevance too gtav's online calendar cycle. And as there's always players online meaning gtav online is always running would technically mean it should be somewhere around the year 2137 in gtav.

Conclusion, everyone in gtav is in permanent limbo, always coming back when killed and will live for eternity until the ones who are the reason for their existence (the developers) pull the plug and let them fall into hell where they will be punished based on the sins they made during their time in limbo. Ofc, it explains so much, how could we have all been so blind?

Last edited:

Nugsy 1

XBox One : Nugsy 1
Admin
Elite
Well I just learned something new - Porsche07lap knows words too, not just memes.

Nugsy 1

Admin
Elite
Bumped as a reminder - This award exists and has just been awarded to three others.

See page 1 for more.

jmr922

Speed typer
Elite
You want colour I give you give colour, now where`s those 100 points

Nugsy 1

Admin
Elite
You want colour I give you give colour, now where`s those 100 points

Poor attempt - Must try harder. Just like your school reports no doubt.

Top Bottom