Youtubers

jmr922

Speed typer
Elite
What gta youtubers do you watch, we all do it, myself its Putther and Powderpuffgirl, if hellsmercenary had one I would watch that.

STN357

Undefeated writer
Elite
I really do not watch YouTubers. I haven't got into the fad. I don't make many videos on mine. I watch more sports highlights on it than anything pertaining to GTAO.

jmr922

Speed typer
Elite
seeing as no one wants to admit who they watch, here is another question. Has anyone ever gone up against or teamed up with a youtuber, I think I was in a lobby with badsport but there are so many badsports now its hard to tell.

Asmodeus

English Teacher
I used to watch the GTA Youtubers a lot when I first started a few months ago to try to get some tips and advice, but the more I play the game, the more I realize most of them are full of shit and just creating pointless, repeated videos stretched over 10 minutes for those precious Google pennies.

2 good examples just from this weekend: A Youtuber explained how to maximize a contact mission called "Check Out Time" by killing the witness and then NOT going to Madrazo's house, but instead go up by the dam and get into a battle with a bunch of cops, take down the helicopters, blah, blah, blah, and THEN go to the house. Total BS. He got the max money not by doing all that extra crap, but by simply spending the full 15+ minutes in the mission. I simply go to the house, stop near the yellow circle and then put the controller down and go make a sandwich. Then I come back 15 minutes later and Bingo!, same amount of money he got by wasting all that ammo & armor.

The 2nd example was a Youtube claiming he found a glitch where you can get a rare car by doing all these steps. Steal an NPC car, then drive around a specific block, then slow down, then go up a hill, etc. The reality is that there are all kinds of custom cars that can be stolen in the game, as it's programmed that way, and this particular one can be had simply by driving to the intersection using your own car and it's right there every time. No need to steal a car or drive anywhere else.

The thing that bugs me most is that their followers lap up this garbage like it's the gospel truth without realizing they are wasting time and resources. Anyone who has played the game longer than a week should know that contact missions pay out more by waiting longer. You'd have to be a day 1 noob to think their advice is helpful.

I still like some of the vehicle review videos though and the channels by Astro Soup & Sonny Evans are hilarious.

jmr922

Speed typer
Elite
I used to watch the GTA Youtubers a lot when I first started a few months ago to try to get some tips and advice, but the more I play the game, the more I realize most of them are full of shit and just creating pointless, repeated videos stretched over 10 minutes for those precious Google pennies.

2 good examples just from this weekend: A Youtuber explained how to maximize a contact mission called "Check Out Time" by killing the witness and then NOT going to Madrazo's house, but instead go up by the dam and get into a battle with a bunch of cops, take down the helicopters, blah, blah, blah, and THEN go to the house. Total BS. He got the max money not by doing all that extra crap, but by simply spending the full 15+ minutes in the mission. I simply go to the house, stop near the yellow circle and then put the controller down and go make a sandwich. Then I come back 15 minutes later and Bingo!, same amount of money he got by wasting all that ammo & armor.

The 2nd example was a Youtube claiming he found a glitch where you can get a rare car by doing all these steps. Steal an NPC car, then drive around a specific block, then slow down, then go up a hill, etc. The reality is that there are all kinds of custom cars that can be stolen in the game, as it's programmed that way, and this particular one can be had simply by driving to the intersection using your own car and it's right there every time. No need to steal a car or drive anywhere else.

The thing that bugs me most is that their followers lap up this garbage like it's the gospel truth without realizing they are wasting time and resources. Anyone who has played the game longer than a week should know that contact missions pay out more by waiting longer. You'd have to be a day 1 noob to think their advice is helpful.

I still like some of the vehicle review videos though and the channels by Astro Soup & Sonny Evans are hilarious.
I know what you mean the 2 main ones I watched ( because I haven’t for while ) putther because he took the piss out of players and baited them till they rage quit and powderpuffgirl who doesn’t take the game seriously but damn what a voice.

Top Bottom